Chris has been involved in various aspects of wastewater and water management, design, training and construction for three decades.
He has worked with Leiner Davis Gelatin managing the operations of a 1.5ML/day wastewater treatment plant.
He has also been a trainer of municipal wastewater treatment plant operators and designer of commercial wastewater treatment plants with Simmonds and Bristow.
Chris delivered the Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations and Water Treatment Plant Operations and Certificate III and IV traineeships in Water Industries Operations for TAFE.
He was involved in geotechnical investigations for the 2nd Gateway Bridge and was senior consultant and Water Efficiency Assessor at AECOM Australia where he undertook transport infrastructure environmental investigations and water efficiency auditing.
He designed and taught the course for on-site sewerage facilities design and the greywater and water efficiency units for the Hydraulic Design Diploma at Acacia Ridge (Brisbane) SkillsTech for 12 years.
Chris founded Taylor Environmental (Australia) Pty Ltd in 2007, working on the design of commercial and domestic wastewater treatment plants.
- Masters degree in Environmental Management from The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Chemistry) from Central Queensland University
- Associate Diploma of Engineering (Civil) from the University of Southern Queensland
- Licenced soil classifier with the QBCC.
- Certificate IV in Domestic Wastewater Management
- Environmental Management System Auditor (NCSI)
- Workplace Trainer and Assessor (Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training)
- Registered Water Efficiency Assessor (W010030)
Passive Treatment Providers Co-ordinator
Ian has worked in the education sector, in local and state government and in management in Australia and overseas.
He is a former Councillor at Noosa Council where he Chaired the Planning and Development Committee.
He assisted in the development and then implementation of the Queensland State Government’s Environmental Protection Act.
Ian spent more than 10 years as a senior executive with Brisbane City Council responsible for a diverse portfolio including waste management, public health, environmental protection and disaster management. He was also a member of Council’s Development Assessment Committee and chaired BCC’s Sustainability Committee. He was the recipient of 2 Lord Mayor’s Awards for Excellence.
He has also worked as a waste consultant in Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi, including at the request of the Australian Government, as well as with a number of Australian local governments and businesses.
- Graduate Certificate of Management (Policy and Program Analysis), QUT
- Graduate Diploma Outdoor Education, Brisbane College of Advanced
- Education Diploma of Teaching, Kedron Park Teachers College